Troubleshooting Tips
Frequently Asked Questions
Before Posting Please Disable Wp Super Cache Plugin
When Posting Please Include Your URL.
Search Forum Using Google Search Box Above
Forum Video

Default Page creation & using images

Hi all,
    two little problems for this beginner : 1) i have created a 'new page', and can view it after publishing, but it does not appear on my site, which has a fixed 'post' as the main / home page. How do i get a new page onto the site ? 2) I have a largeish image on the new page, but there is still a column-width space down the right side of the image. ( The no-sidebars template ) I appear to have made the mistake of typing some text into that column first, because having tried a dozen times to move the text down and under the image, ( by drag+drop, or using the 'return' ) - it always pops back into the space to the top-right of the image when i go to view. How can i correct this and get the text UNDER the image pls ? Thanks, paul.

Add the page to your navigation menu or add a Pages widget to your sidebar.

You need to float your image. When viewing the post editor, you'll see an icon on top of the image, click it. Then in the options click the align right radio button and save.

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    Add the page to your navigation menu or add a Pages widget to your sidebar.

You need to float your image. When viewing the post editor, you'll see an icon on top of the image, click it. Then in the options click the align right radio button and save.
    Thanks Dan - i was watching yr video and noticed the auto-generation of the Permalink each time you moved from a new page Title to the text-box. That wasn't happening to me, so i found the fix of putting : /%postpage%/ (hope that's right from memory ) into the Custom box in Permalink. So i now have a Pages widget on the right side-bar, and actual pages saved - and i have learned how to get the navigation-bar buttons using the navigation-page - allelujah!

Today, just a small follow - up, apart from being careful about the order in which pages are made and linked through the navigation page to the bar/s, can the order of nav-buttons, or pages in the side-bar be played with ? - i now have 3 buttons in the sub-header navigation-bar, but they are in a different order to their twins in the side-bar - so, e.g., Climate / Venues / Transport in the navigation bar from left to right, but reading DOWN the side-bar entries, Transport / Climate / Venues - i tried to match these by dragging+dopping in the Widgets area, but no luck. Is there a way to changed the orders in these lists without deleting everything and re-loading from the beginning ? Thanks, paul.
    Last edited by maindom; 12-04-2011 at 10:23 PM.

Paul,

I'm sorry if you feel this wasn't answered quickly enough. A quick scan and I didn't see the question.

The permalinks should be: /%postname%/

Please share a link so we can see what buttons you're referring to.

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    Paul,

I'm sorry if you feel this wasn't answered quickly enough. A quick scan and I didn't see the question.

The permalinks should be: /%postname%/

Please share a link so we can see what buttons you're referring to.
    Hi Dan, many thanks for the reply. A link is not needed as far as i can see. Its an embarrassingly simple question: If there are page-buttons A,B,C, on the nav-bar under the header, ( with the Search-box at the right end ) and their respective shadows on the right-sidebar are in the different order : C,A,B, how to easily synchronize the two orders ?
    Update : ok, after another try, i think it is done by just selecting 'Page Order' inside the 'Pages' widget - that seems to put the page-headings in the sidebar in the same order as they run across the nav-bar from left to right.
    I'll leave the question up in case it helps someone else, unless my solution is somehow wrong, in which case delete delete!
    Thanks, paul.

You can sort sidebar links in different ways using the Pages widget and you can also sort navbar links to match and vice-versa.

You can use also Menus and create a menu widget which also lets you setup a specific order for pages.

Questions can be simple, but sometimes their delivery can be confusing and a simple link can clear up the confusion in seconds. Based on your first question it sounded like you had multiple widgets for the pages, which did not make sense.