Please Read First
Troubleshooting Tips
Frequently Asked Questions
Before Posting Please Disable Wp Super Cache Plugin
When Posting Please Include Your URL.
Search Forum Using Google Search Box Above
Forum Video

Smile Advertising Recommendations

I will be receiving my first ever AdSense check on Dec. 31, 2011 of $134 something. Thanks to the information in the AdSense 5 Ebook I read and the ideas I implemented.

I received a request to exchange links with another company. I really don't know how to do that. Do I set up a separate page of links of companies I would like to exchange to?

Also, if you look at my website would anyone have a recommendation on what I should advertise other than Adsense. Last month I averaged about $2 per day income. And how would I do it?

I also especially wish Dan for all his help and others on this board who made suggestions while I was setting up the AdSense program.

I recently purchased the SEOpressor program and have been working everyday getting my score up where it should be. WoW! It is working. Lots more to do, though.

Thanks in advance and Merry Christmas everyone.
    Last edited by Cary; 12-09-2011 at 07:25 AM.

Next step would be to look on ClickBank and Commission Junction for related products that you could offer as an affiliate.
    Lynn T. Harrison
    Ever Evolving Enterprises
    LynnTHarrison.com (my blog on using WordPress) Testimonials appreciated

You should download my new free plugin to help you with advertising placement.

You can setup Adsense as default in any ad location, and then target specific 3rd party ads based on post or page content.

http://www.relatedadsplugin.com/download/beta.php

The new plug-in is looking real sweet Dan.
    Lynn T. Harrison
    Ever Evolving Enterprises
    LynnTHarrison.com (my blog on using WordPress) Testimonials appreciated

Thanks Lynn,

Next week they'll be a branded version (for sale) where you can give RelatedAds away to your list or audience for Xmas..

Your CB ID is encoded onto the Find Products tab (and entire CB marketplace) and you can display your own featured products on
    the featured products tab.

Of course, you'll get it for free for all your help on the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    You should download my new free plugin to help you with advertising placement.

You can setup Adsense as default in any ad location, and then target specific 3rd party ads based on post or page content.

http://www.relatedadsplugin.com/download/beta.php
    Dan, I downloaded this recommended program yesterday and it is working. Thank You. It takes me a while sometimes to understand how all this works. I just put up on my timeshare post an article about mobile ads and all of a sudden I realized that articles about cell phone ads were appearing. Cool! So, as I understand what's going on is that it brings in content from other sources based on content of your post, which in turn tells google that new information was added to the web site. Right?

Cary,

Adsense does it automatically based on your content.

The benefit of Related Ads is that you can replace Adsense with a highly targeted 3rd party product ad based your post keyword.

For example, perhaps you place an Affiliate Banner for a "make money with mobile" product of some kind to appear on that post's sidebar.

Dan,

Love the related ads plugin. But having problems using it with the Socrates Theme. I can use the plugin with widgets in Socrates, but cannot get the shortcode or snippet to work with the Socrates Layout ad placements like the Leaderboard or In Post Ads.

Any ideas?

Thank you for anytime or advice you can give.

I'm guessing your trying to put the shortcode or snippet directly in the options boxes on Socrates > Layout and that simply won't work.

Theme options boxes like ours won't work with shortcodes or snippets.. shortcodes needs to go in a post or page editor only and snippets directly in template code.

I know it sounds crazy that Related Ads doesn't work with the Socrates ad options... and honestly I should have thought of a workaround for it before releasing.

For top ads you need to edit TopAd.php

Put your code snippet below this code and turn off in Soc Layout

<div class="im-topAds"><div class="top728" onmouseover="mouseOver3()" onmouseout="mouseOut3()">
    For In Post Ads you need to change in both index.php and single.php and remove this code..

<?php

if($topAd['inpostad1'] != '' && !$custom_fields['_mcf_postDisableInPostAd'][0]) {
    if ($topAd['inpostposition'] != 'top'){
    echo '<div id="socratesinpostad" style="float:'.$topAd['inpostposition'].'; display:block; padding:5px; margin:0;">'.stripslashes($topAd['inpostad1']).'</div>';
    } else {
    echo '<div id="socratesinpostad" style="display:block; padding:5px; margin:0;">'.stripslashes($topAd['inpostad1']).'</div><br />';
    }
    }
    ?>
    And then replace with your snippet and float code.

Make sure you make backups of the files before editing.