Please Read First
Troubleshooting Tips
Frequently Asked Questions
Before Posting Please Disable Wp Super Cache Plugin
When Posting Please Include Your URL.
Search Forum Using Google Search Box Above
Forum Video

Default Font and spacing

I can't find my issue anywhere else, so I'm posting here. I am totally dissatisfied with the way my blog font looks. spacing between the lines is too tight, the kerning is off, I'd prefer Verdana, and the entire column is a little too wide.

The only fix I managed doing myself was the font size. I changed it recently to 13 pts. It didn't change right away, but today I saw the change kick in. I would also like to be able to add line spaces between paragraphs written under numbered lists. How do I force the code NOT to disregard when I press [shift]+ [enter] so I can get more white space?

How do these things work? Can't someone help me?

http://parentingtodaytips.com/

Goto Socrates > Styling

You can change font to verdana there and add in custom css for post entries there.

And see this post for your other concerns.

http://www.socratestheme.com/forum/s...ead.php?t=1255

Also, in regard to your last sentence.. if you have unanswered posts please direct me to them.. I'm not sure why you feel someone can't help you.

Default Help

I'm sorry Dan, but I really am frustrated with not being able to get the look that I want. I wouldn't read my own blog just because of the junky way it appears.

The problem is that I'm a code dummy, can't afford a techie, and even your advice doesn't help me much. I could not find the strings you referred me to in the editor, so I can't change the font nor line spacing and kerning to get a cleaner, more readable look.

I keep having to resist the temptation to just activate Genesis. Their look is much cleaner out of the box. If you could do it for me I'd be a happier camper.

http://parentingtodaytips.com/

I'm sorry you're frustrated.

Please remember we didn't design Socrates for the site owners. We designed it for their visitors.

This is why it's been so popular since it launched 20 months ago. Close to 75,000 installs and 12,000 customers. And why the vast majority of those customers (and especially marketers) never change anything.

It was created so site owners could get setup quickly and focus on content and not design. And that is our greatest feature.

Needless to say, I designed Socrates so I don't see the issues that you do.

The reason your site looks bad is mainly because you increased the font size without increasing the line height. If you reinstall Socrates it would fix the current issues.

However, If you want to try to match a genesis font style PM me the theme link and your WP login information.

I'm typing this from bed, but when I get up I will change for you.

Hello Dan,

Would you help me also with my font? because i'm a dummy to with al that codes and i can not find it and i will de same look on font as http://parentingtodaytips.com/

Add this to your custom css box.

.im-mainContent { padding-right: 5 px; } p { color: #222222; font-family: Georgia,Times,'Times New Roman',serif; font-size: 16px; font-weight: normal; line-height: 26px; } li { color: #222222; font-family: Georgia,Times,'Times New Roman',serif; font-size: 16px; font-weight: normal; line-height: 26px; } .sidebar ul { color: #222222; font-family: Georgia,Times,'Times New Roman',serif; font-size: 16px; font-weight: normal; } .post img { padding: 10px 10px 0 0; } .wp-caption p.wp-caption-text {font-size: 10px; text-align:center;line-height: 3px!important;\\ padding: 5px; margin: 0 0 10px; color:#000;} .wp-caption {padding: 0 10px; margin: 0 5px 0 0px;}

Thanks! That great! The space between the lines is much better

Would you look for me if it is right now?

I made image from my screen because i have two questions.

http://screencast.com/t/yTNjNTjsDfS0

do i have to work with child theme also? becaus of the updates?