Please Read First
Troubleshooting Tips
Frequently Asked Questions
Note: Appearance issues are often caused by caching plugins.
When Posting Please Include Your URL.
Search Forum Using Google Search Box Above
IMPORTANT: If after forum login, you appear logged out, click on "New Posts". You should show as logged in then. It's a Vbulletin bug.
Forum Video

Default How to Nest Pages In Nav Bar?

I just added a New Page to appear in my nav bar below my header and I want to nest more pages under that page title in the nav bar. I can't figure out how to do it.

You need to use the WordPress menu system rather than the Socrates system and designated the "nested" pages to have the upper level page as a parent on the page editor screen.
    Lynn T. Harrison
    Ever Evolving Enterprises
    LynnTHarrison.com (my blog on using WordPress) Testimonials appreciated

Hi, Lynn,

Thanks for your reply. Where do I find the option of choosing the Wordpress Menu instead of Socrates?

Quote Originally Posted by camoreno View Post
    Hi, Lynn,

Thanks for your reply. Where do I find the option of choosing the Wordpress Menu instead of Socrates?
    Appearance > menus

@nzcid Thank you for that.

@lynnth The "subordinate" pages are set up in the editor page as 1, 2, and 3 under the parent page, so I got that far. I also did go to Menus in Appearance but realized that whatever menu I set up there didn't go anywhere - or, at least, I couldn't get it to appear anywhere.

So, I'm stuck right now. Any suggestions? I really want them as a drop down from the nav bar. I understood that Ver2.3 was going to allow drop down menus.

Quote Originally Posted by camoreno View Post
    @nzcid Thank you for that.

@lynnth The "subordinate" pages are set up in the editor page as 1, 2, and 3 under the parent page, so I got that far. I also did go to Menus in Appearance but realized that whatever menu I set up there didn't go anywhere - or, at least, I couldn't get it to appear anywhere.

So, I'm stuck right now. Any suggestions? I really want them as a drop down from the nav bar. I understood that Ver2.3 was going to allow drop down menus.
    Having them as a drop down menu using WP standard menus was what I was looking for as well. Using this feature does not appear to allow that. Currently I have the pages widget on my right hand colum which show the parent and then the pages under them. I have left it at that for the time being.

If you wish to see what I ean see here:

http://www.christsbooks.com/

I cannot use the themes menus as I have another plug-in controlling the shop I am running. Just do not have the time to spend search wp forums on how to do drop down menus from the main bar.

Well pay to read a little more

Here is a nice video that shows you how to do a drop down menu using WP 3 menus section - it was really easy - took 2 seconds to do it.

http://acmetraffic.com/how-to-use-wordpress-3-0-menus/

Have fun.

Created a drop down menu and then created a custom menu which I added as a widget to my right side bar.. Cool nice and easy.
    Last edited by nzcid; 01-03-2012 at 09:18 PM.