Please Read First
Troubleshooting Tips
Frequently Asked Questions
Before Posting Please Disable Wp Super Cache Plugin
When Posting Please Include Your URL.
Search Forum Using Google Search Box Above
Forum Video

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Will we have to pay for an upgrade to 3.0 if we have the unlimited license already?

No you will not.. this is covered in prior threads as well.

Default Magazine Options

Hi there,

I just uploaded 3.0 to a site and set it up, looks great. How am I able to choose the Magazine options? I don't see it anywhere.

Thanks
    Last edited by Toki; 04-07-2012 at 05:49 PM.

Default Socrates 3.0 bug with All In One SEO plugin?

Dan, I was trying to install the All In One SEO plugin with Socrates 3.0 Beta and got a header error. I uninstalled it and am now back to using Socrates 2.3. I was wondering if anyone else ran into this with Socrates 3.0.

Socrates 3.0 has great features but maybe it should remain on Beta for a bit longer. Thanks for the great products.

--
    Bob

What was the error? Just google the error and you'll most likely find a solution.. Not something we've heard.

Dan, when I tried to configure All In One SEO plugin, there were 2 lines above. I should have taken a screenshot. Let me finish this blog with Socrates 2.3 I'm working on and the next I'll try to reproduce the error and attach a screenshot. Thanks for the fast reply.

--
    Bob

Hello Dan,

I notice when setting up a feature page or use a page I already have the content on that page does not show up when using it as the static page. That means when I set this up as the home page, all I get is a list of all my post with full text and not the page I really want to show as a full page. You cannot show summaries of the post even if you use the excerpts.

My suggestion, unless I'm doing this wrong and I know this is Beta. Why not let us use a page or post for the magazine template and show a short summary of each post may be 25 to 50 words with the little 160x160 image. Then have shortcode or just a permanent image after summary saying "Read More" and another with "Visit Website".

An example of a website I'm talking about is http://topcookwarereviews.com/

Then we could use Socrates as a review site also.

Thanks
    Mike Appelt

Mike,

When you create a Magazine template it should be blank. It will then populate with recent and featured posts by itself. If you have no posts it won't populate.

You can use the "more tag" to break up the size of the posts on Magazine One template, and Magazine Two just uses titles.

If you want to change the "read more" link to a button we already have that option in the post editor.. We also have new shortcode 1-5 star review buttons in Soc 3.0. So you can add your own "read more" button, plus the review button with link.

It might be a bit bulky though on the magazine excerpt.

If you do want to change the magazine layout to an excerpt that can be done as well. As we move forward with the release we'll have more info on all of this..

Hey Dan,

Thanks, I did have post and everything works great now. I didn't know how the "more tag" works but now I do after fiddling around with it and I use the shortcodes but now I finally figured that out too after playing with it.

This works great now as a review blog! Thanks again.

By the way, I love Socrates and hope you keep updating with new features.

Mike Appelt

We finally got the last known issue with 3.0 resolved and I expect to put the full download in the members area by Monday. It's been long delayed, but we have a much better product due to the feedback on the beta.