Please Read First
Troubleshooting Tips
Frequently Asked Questions
Before Posting Please Disable Wp Super Cache Plugin
When Posting Please Include Your URL.
Search Forum Using Google Search Box Above
Forum Video

Exclamation Service Unavailable Server currently undergoing maintenance.

Hi, I have looked everywhere and I cannot find an answer to my wordpress sites issue.

On the bottom left on the background I use on my Socrates site, the message "Service Unavailable - Server currently undergoing maintenance. Webmaster: please contact support.

My site having this issue is: http://www.catnapcorner.com the message is on the bottom of the page.

Looking at normal google posts on this, maintenance mode (I have never heard of it) can leave the site unable to edit, this does not seem to be the case on this site though.

Does anyone know where the file entry is so that I can either turn this off or just remove the entry. I have looked through many .php pages but cant see where or why this has happen

In Firefox I looked at the inspect element and have attached what I found.

Many thanks in advance for any help with this
    Attached Images Attached Images

HI, You're having a 503 Error

Check out: http://www.checkupdown.com/status/E503.html

I would call your web host to see if they can sare any light on the issue.

-Fred.
    Leilani Clifford
    - Forum Admin

----------------------------
    We're building our Socrates Facebook community! Come visit us, and Like us to stay up to date on everything Socrates
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/socrateswptheme
    Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/socratestheme

Hi, yes I already contacted my hosing company support and this is what they came back with:

Hello,

No, I don't think that's us - you'd normally get a full-page 503, whereas that looks like it's appended onto the main content or baked into the WordPress response instead.
    Your Socrates theme having an issue, perhaps? It looks like a premium theme, so may be having an issue authenticating, if it tries to do so.

Kind Regards,

Support

If you view the source of your page you'll see there is html code being added to the footer. I would try restoring the original footer.php file from our zip. If you didn't edit the footer code then this is most unusual.

The 503 error is being caused by another js file trying to display content in the footer.

Thanks for the response Dan, I have update the footer.php and nothing changed.
    I have started to look through other .php files trying to find where the html is set but as yet have not found it. If you have an idea on how I can track it down this will be appreciated.

Following a post on the site I also noticed this in addtion to the earlier service warning: "Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@votistics.com" ???

When googling this I found loads of entries, unfortunately they were all manner of sites with the same problem listed on the pages footers. Nothing as yet on how to remove this though, this is getting to be a pain as I have this error on a clients website and as yet they have not noticed it so any suggestion is welcome.

Regards

You most likely have a plugin created by Votistics.com. Look for it and Deactivate it.

Thanks Dan, I had already checked all my plugins and I didn't have many. Non of the names pointed back to Votistics and my web searches had not picked up any software created by them that would explain me having added some java script to the site.

By removing plugins on a one-by-one basis I found the culprit, it was called "Clickbump SEO". I used this to optimise posts on the site, when I searched for the message displayed on the site ""Service Unavailable - Server currently undergoing maintenance. Webmaster: please contact support." on google the only instances it through up was pages with the same problem.

I can only assume all of these were using the same plugin, I only found the additional web address of webmaster@votistics.com by checking a preview page of a post being created in Socrates instead of just open a webpage after a publish.

Thanks again for assisting with this very annoying problem, I was getting to the point of thinking I would need to either re-install or roll back until the point it disappeared of the site.

While you are there, I would just like to thank you for the Theme. I only have around 10 sites that are a mixture of mine and customers but don't even consider using anything other than the Socrates theme - good stuff :-)

Regards

You're welcome and glad you got it figured out.