Error Message every time I load 3.2
OK, I am completely new to Word Press and Socrates. I loaded Socrates with no problem before but now with this new 3.2 Im having problems. I keeep getting this message.
Unpacking the package…
Installing the theme…
Destination folder already exists. /home/content/92/8615892/html/wp-content/themes/socrates/
Theme install failed.
Do I have to delete the older version first before I load the new one and if so, how do you do that. I have tried but am so frustrated.
Yes, you have to delete the prior theme. Your settings will be saved.
We have upgrade instructions on the download page, right below the download.
- Save any custom css, headers or backgrounds to your desktop
- Download Zip
- Open your domain’s WordPress dashboard
- Goto Appearance > Themes and activate another theme… “default” is fine.
- Once Socrates is inactive “delete it” (you won’t lose settings)
- Goto Appearance > Add New Themes then click “upload”
- Locate Zip file on hard drive and upload
- Activate Socrates
- Use Activation Code above to validate your license. (not necessary if already active)
- Check your headers and reupload any custom header or backgrounds
- Important – Resave Layout Section and Navigation Section! (not necessary for 3.0)
- If you’re upgrading to Socrates 3.0 you must setup WordPress Menus!
step 4: after going to Appearance> There is no activate another theme button anywhere and in the Manage Themes Tab it shows the Old 2.3Socrates Them, there are no Activate-Preview-Delete buttons.
Did you delete the default themes that came with Wordpress? If so just click search for Twenty Ten, install that theme.. then activate... then you can delete Socrates.
When I follow the instructions above, and click Activate, the resulting page is blank.
Preview also results in a blank page.
What version of wordpress are you using and are all your plugins up to to date?
Is there anything unusual about your install? We've had a few people mention this, but 100's of installs.
Originally Posted by Dan Nickerson
We are using Wordpress Version 3.3.2.
We are running this on Windows Server 2008 R2 instead of a Unix server.
When we update Wordpress, the automatic update fails due to permissions issues, so we unzip and drag the files into place manually.
Socrates however, installs automatically just fine (it unzips properly into the themes directory).
Thanks for this info... it could be windows.. but it's most likely the permissions..
I turned on debugging, and this is the error:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in C:\Web\Blog\wp-content\themes\socratesnew\functions\panel\themeop tions.php on line 2128
Socrates expects to be named socrates - not socratesnew. Rename it and it should behave better.
By skember in forum Official Support 3.0
Last Post: 12-06-2010, 11:49 AM
By machi2009 in forum Official Support 3.0
Last Post: 11-22-2010, 04:13 PM
By oceanside in forum Troubleshooting
Last Post: 11-12-2010, 03:45 PM
By propertyman in forum Official Support 3.0
Last Post: 08-20-2010, 05:41 AM
By dknielsen in forum Community Support
Last Post: 07-14-2010, 06:52 AM
Tags for this Thread