Troubleshooting Tips
Frequently Asked Questions
Before Posting Please Disable Wp Super Cache Plugin
When Posting Please Include Your URL.
Search Forum Using Google Search Box Above
Forum Video

Thread: CSS Errors

Default CSS Errors

Hi, I ran the theme through a search engine ranking/html tool and it shows me these errors. How can I correct these or are they part of the theme?

Error
    10 The "meta" element must use empty element shorthand by adding a slash to the end of the tag if proper (<meta ... />) or must have an end tag (</meta>). In XHTML, all elements not declared as empty (like "b", "p", "span", etc.) must have an end tag. Elements declared as empty (like "br", "img", "input", etc.) can have an end tag or can use the empty element shorthand.
    <meta name="Title" content="TV Repair in Hollywood, FL | Flat Screen Repair | HDTV Repair "><meta name="Description" content="Get your TV fixed fast and at...

Error
    10 The "meta" element must use empty element shorthand by adding a slash to the end of the tag if proper (<meta ... />) or must have an end tag (</meta>). In XHTML, all elements not declared as empty (like "b", "p", "span", etc.) must have an end tag. Elements declared as empty (like "br", "img", "input", etc.) can have an end tag or can use the empty element shorthand.
    <meta name="Title" content="TV Repair in Hollywood, FL | Flat Screen Repair | HDTV Repair "><meta name="Description" content="Get your TV fixed fast and at an affordable price. What else can you ask for?"><meta name="Keywords" content="TV Repair,F...

Error
    ... Flat Screen Repair | HDTV Repair "><meta name="Description" content="Get your TV fixed fast and at an affordable price. What else can you ask for?"><meta name="Keywords" content="TV Repair,Flat Screen Repair, HDTV Repair, Hollywood, FL, TV Repairman, Samsung TV Repair, Sony TV Repair, Sharp TV Repair">...

CSS Error
    34 The "h5a" is not a recognized element in this selector. Is it misspelled?
    h2 a:hover, h3 a:hover, h4 a:hover, h5a:hover ,h6 a:hover {color:#333333}

CSS Error
    37 The value for the "padding" property is invalid. CSS1+ allows this value to be: "[ <length> | <percentage> ]{1,4}". Padding values may not be negative.
    .post { padding: px;}

CSS Error
    45 The value for the "font-family" property is invalid. CSS2.1 allows this value to be: [[<family-name> | <generic-family>],]* [<family-name> | <generic-family>] | inherit.
    .titleText {font-family:}

CSS Error
    48 The value for the "font-family" property is invalid. CSS2.1 allows this value to be: [[<family-name> | <generic-family>],]* [<family-name> | <generic-family>] | inherit.
    .descText {font-family:}

CSS Error
    59 Expected a selector after the comma. A selector should follow the comma or the comma should be removed.
    .menu-primary li a, {color: #000000;}

CSS Error
    60 Expected a selector after the comma. A selector should follow the comma or the comma should be removed.
    .menu-primary li a:hover, {color: #D45D2A}

What is your URL?
    What tool are you you using?

I do see a mistake in the (34) h5a line.. move the comma over after it.. there's an extra space

And it looks like our home page seo settings are not using a proper closing tag. We recommend you use an SEO plugin which will override our settings.. The all in one seo pack for example.

I think there just needs to be a space between the h5 and the a on line 34.
    Lynn T. Harrison
    Ever Evolving Enterprises
    LynnTHarrison.com (my blog on using WordPress) Testimonials appreciated