Please Read First
Troubleshooting Tips
Frequently Asked Questions
Before Posting Please Disable Wp Super Cache Plugin
When Posting Please Include Your URL.
Search Forum Using Google Search Box Above
Forum Video

Default How do I access the footer code in Socrates 3.0?

I am trying to remove the Socrates logo at the bottom of my site pages, but can't seem to find a way of doing this.

There is an 'old' post by Dan telling me I can access this feature via Appearance > Editor > Footer.php, but I think this refers to an older version of Socrates and not 3.0+

Help would be appreciated!

I have the unlimited license.

I'm sorry your post got missed.. The answer is right in the FAQ thread.

http://www.socratestheme.com/forum/s...-Socrates-Logo

Hi, I need some serious help. I tried following the directions in the link provided above, for removing the Socrates footer. After removing the text, I got a parse error message. Then I tried cutting and pasting the footer.php code and that reinstalled the Socrates footer again except that now there's another parse error code.

I would like to request a very simple solution. Please post the Socrates footer code that I can copy and paste, but I'd like to request the code so that it's ready to go WITHOUT the Socrates logo. I have paid for the full license. Please help. Thanks.

Rick

The only way the parse error would happen is if you didn't delete the full code as shown in the example. Just remember that the footer affiliate link does generate revenue.. we have loads of customers who have generated passive revenue by leaving the footer link up.

Here's the full footer.php for 3.04

<!-- footer -->

<div class="im-footer">

<div class="im-lowerWidgets">

<div class="lowerWidget">

<div class="widgetFrame"><?php

$custom_fields = get_post_custom();

if(!(is_page_template('squeezepage.php') and !$custom_fields['_mcf_squeezeheader-on'][0]) && !is_page_template('squeezepage2.php') and !(is_page_template('salespage.php') and !$custom_fields['_mcf_salesheader-on'][0]) and !(is_page_template('fullpage.php') and !$custom_fields['_mcf_fullpagehead'][0])) { include "widgetLeft.php"; }?></div>

</div>

if(!(is_page_template('squeezepage.php') and !$custom_fields['_mcf_squeezeheader-on'][0]) && !is_page_template('squeezepage2.php') and !(is_page_template('salespage.php') and !$custom_fields['_mcf_salesheader-on'][0]) and !(is_page_template('fullpage.php') and !$custom_fields['_mcf_fullpagehead'][0])) { include "widgetCenter.php"; }?></div>

</div>

if(!(is_page_template('squeezepage.php') and !$custom_fields['_mcf_squeezeheader-on'][0]) && !is_page_template('squeezepage2.php') and !(is_page_template('salespage.php') and !$custom_fields['_mcf_salesheader-on'][0]) and !(is_page_template('fullpage.php') and !$custom_fields['_mcf_fullpagehead'][0])) {include "widgetRight.php"; } ?>

</div>

</div>

</div>

<div class="footerContent">

<!-- You can insert text or html here to appear below bottom widget -->

</div>

</div>

<!-- /footer -->

</div><!-- /frame -->

<?php $analytic = get_option("analyticOptions"); ?>

<div class="bottomBarNoLogo"></div>

<div class="im-lowerFrame">
    <div class="im-lowerFooter">

<?php {

// put a native menu here

if (!is_page_template('squeezepage.php') && !is_page_template('squeezepage2.php') && !is_page_template('salespage.php') && !is_page_template('fullpage.php')){ ?>

<div class="lowerNav">

<?php wp_nav_menu(array('theme_location'=>'bottomleft', 'fallback_cb'=>false, 'depth'=>1, 'menu_class'=>'menu-bottomleft')); ?>

<div class="clear-fix"></div>

</div>

<?php } else if((is_page_template('squeezepage.php') && $custom_fields['_mcf_leftfooteronsqueeze'][0]) || (is_page_template('squeezepage2.php') && $custom_fields['_mcf_leftfooteronsqueeze2'][0]) || (is_page_template('salespage.php') && $custom_fields['_mcf_leftfooteronsales'][0]) || (is_page_template('fullpage.php') && $custom_fields['_mcf_leftfooteronfullpage'][0])) { ?>

<div class="lowerNav">

<?php wp_nav_menu(array('theme_location'=>'bottomleft', 'fallback_cb'=>false, 'depth'=>1, 'menu_class'=>'menu-bottomleft')); ?>

</div>

<?php } else {?>

<div class="lowerNav"></div>

<?php } ?>

<?php

if (!is_page_template('squeezepage.php') && !is_page_template('squeezepage2.php') && !is_page_template('salespage.php') && !is_page_template('fullpage.php')){ ?>

<div class="copyright">

<?php wp_nav_menu(array('theme_location'=>'bottomright', 'fallback_cb'=>false, 'depth'=>1, 'menu_class'=>'menu-bottomright')); ?>

</div>

<?php } else if((is_page_template('squeezepage.php') && $custom_fields['_mcf_rightfooteronsqueeze'][0]) || (is_page_template('squeezepage2.php') && $custom_fields['_mcf_rightfooteronsqueeze2'][0]) || (is_page_template('salespage.php') && $custom_fields['_mcf_rightfooteronsales'][0]) || (is_page_template('fullpage.php') && $custom_fields['_mcf_rightfooteronfullpage'][0])) { ?>

<div class="copyright">

<?php wp_nav_menu(array('theme_location'=>'bottomright', 'fallback_cb'=>false, 'depth'=>1, 'menu_class'=>'menu-bottomright')); ?>

</div>

<?php } else {?>

<?php $custom_fields = get_post_custom(); ?>

<div class="copyright"><?php echo $custom_fields['_mcf_squeezepagefooter'][0]; ?><?php echo $custom_fields['_mcf_squeezepagefooter2'][0]; ?></div>

<?php }

}

?>

<br clear="all"/>

<div class="disclaimer"></div>

</div>

</div>

</div><!-- /wrapper -->

<?php wp_footer(); ?>

</body>

</html>