Troubleshooting Tips
Frequently Asked Questions
Before Posting Please Disable Wp Super Cache Plugin
When Posting Please Include Your URL.
Search Forum Using Google Search Box Above
Forum Video

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Removing dates from archives

I would like to remove the dates from the category archives. For example here. I want to remove the date and time. What's the best way to do it.
    Thank you.

Goto ->WP Dashboard --> Socrates menu--> Settings--> Post Display Settings - UNCHECK : Show author, date and comments link below title on individual post pages.

Let me know if that's what you're looking for.
    Leilani Clifford
    - Forum Admin

----------------------------
    We're building our Socrates Facebook community! Come visit us, and Like us to stay up to date on everything Socrates
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/socrateswptheme
    Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/socratestheme

Hello
    I have already done that with the individual posts. I wanted to remove it from the archives. When some goes to the categories for example here, they see a list of posts. All have dates, wanted to remove it. Thanks
    ps. I think I might have figured it out. By removing this code from the archive.php, it removes the dates.

<small><div class="postAuthor">By <?php the_author_posts_link(); ?> on <?php the_time('l, F jS, Y') ?> | <?php comments_popup_link('No Comments', '1 Comment', '% Comments'); ?></div></small>
    Last edited by bihar; 06-24-2012 at 03:29 AM. Reason: Answer

Hi...

I have browsed the forum for days trying to find an answer to the above question, that works for me. I am technically minded and lots of the answers might as well be in a foreign language 'cos i just don't understand what they are about.

Anyway, my problem is as above...

I want to remove the day and date from posts that are shown under categories on my homepage.

I went to WP Dashboard --> Socrates --> Settings--> Post Display Settings and UNCHECKED : Show author, date and comments link below title on individual post pages and also WP Dashboard --> Socrates --> Settings--> Page Display Settings and UNCHECKED : Show author, date and comments link below title on all pages.

WP Cache was deactivated before making the changes and I saved the changes.

I have done this task over and over.... but no luck.

Any ideas what can help?

I can't imagine someone spending days browsing the forum in search of an answer. If you ever spend more than five minutes looking for something, submit a post, or fill out a support ticket at: http://socratesthemehelp.zendesk.com

Can you please share your link?
    Have you look at your page in another browser?

Well, believe it or not, it is true... I did spend days looking in the forum because
    you have written that you spend hours every day answering the same questions
    and you also say that people are to read the forums first.

As a new member that is what I did, but if the same happens again I'll take your
    advice and create a support ticket.

I am far from technical and quite often when reading the replies in the forum, I
    really do not understand the replies that are given because they do not make any
    sense to me, and they go "over my head".

I just cannot understand technical stuff when written down and that's the way it is.

I bought the theme almost a year ago and only just started to use it because I found it
    very difficult to use, (I know every one else says it is easy),althought thanks to a few
    easy to understand videos on YouTubeee and a lot of patience it has becaome somewhat
    easier.

I am not much for writing in forums because I have difficulty following the discussions when
    things are about technical stuff or codes... anyway... I did check in FF other browsers and
    the day and date still show as you can
    see here: http://alcoholicrehabinfo.com/catego...alcohol-rehab/ and I have used the
    theme on 2 sites and I have unchecked the day and date options as described, but they still
    show on every post in the Category section, (links on the homepage).

I have tried to solve this issue by repeating the advice given to other members with the same
    problem over and over by checking and unchecking the options, but it just isn't working.

On another note I also wanted to change the "Read More..." and alter the size of the font for the
    post titles, in the side panel, but the replies to other peoples queries concerning the same just go
    right over my head.

Thanks for your time anyway -

Best wishes
    Last edited by Don; 07-06-2012 at 01:27 AM.

The day and date on category pages is not controlled in Settings.

Those options control page and post dates but not archives.

The search terms for this issue would have been. "remove date from category" or "remove date from archive"

To remove the date only goto Appearance > Editor > archive.php

Find: on <?php the_time('l, F jS, Y') ?>

and remove it.

If you wish to remove the whole line remove:

<small><div class="postAuthor">By <?php the_author_posts_link(); ?> on <?php the_time('l, F jS, Y') ?> | <?php comments_popup_link('No Comments', '1 Comment', '% Comments'); ?></div></small>

To edit the "read more" you can do this per post using our custom read more option per post.

If you want to do it site wide you'd have to locate this text in index.php and archive.php and edit it.

Read More...

We do have quite a few posts on altering the size of post titles. If you can let us know where you are having trouble we can try to help. It's just adding code to the custom css box in Socrates > Styling.

Thanks for your help... the date and day has now been erased from my sites.

The sizes of fonts I was referring to are the post titles that show under "Recent Posts" and "Categories"
    on the home page.

They are really very small and being to increase the size by +1 or +2 would be good.

I have read some replies on the topic but the trouble is I don't understand them. I realise it's
    easy for those who can do it, but I have never worked with css or codes before.

Thanks a lot - what I have learned here helps a lot

Much appreciated!

Upgrade to 3.04. The sidebar font was fixed.

Make sure you backup your header and follow the upgrade instructions on the download page.

Default Removing Dates from Archive and Category

[QUOTE=Dan Nickerson;24266]The day and date on category pages is not controlled in Settings.

Those options control page and post dates but not archives.

The search terms for this issue would have been. "remove date from category" or "remove date from archive"

To remove the date only goto Appearance > Editor > archive.php

Find: on <?php the_time('l, F jS, Y') ?>

and remove it.

If you wish to remove the whole line remove:

Dan...

#1 - Is it possible to make the Option to remove the dates in the settings...REMOVE ALL DATES to include those in the archive and category?

#2 - Also...every time I upgrade Socrates (I always want the latest version) I have to go into and edit the new Socrates because the dates show up on the category and archive....How do I save those settings or changes on those files so I don't have to update everytime I Update Socrates?

Thanks for your help.