Please Read First
Troubleshooting Tips
Frequently Asked Questions
Before Posting Please Disable Wp Super Cache Plugin
When Posting Please Include Your URL.
Search Forum Using Google Search Box Above
Forum Video

Default Can I adjust universal width of template

I have looked the the css for the template and I need to make entire site 800 pixils, this need to include everything.
    Header, padding,footers,menu bar ect, full site just at 800 pixels wide.
    Is there a way to make one adjustment or do I have to change every element individually. I am in need of making iframes for face book and they need to be 800 pixels wide total and and it is currently 980 plus padding and shadows ect.
    I just want to clone my site and make a clone as a subdomain and leave the originals online as is.

Thanks,

Zach

That is why we have the other page templates. Try using the new skinny template. It doesn't have a header but is designed for facebook.

Otherwise you'd have to do heavy graphic and css modification.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Nickerson View Post
    That is why we have the other page templates. Try using the new skinny template. It doesn't have a header but is designed for facebook.

Otherwise you'd have to do heavy graphic and css modification.
    Dan, that is exactly what I need. Can you tell me how to make that modification quick and easy or do i have to rebuild all of the sites as I have over 200 and what version of the software needs to be installed as 50 or so are still running v2.3. Ok I found it and do not care about the headers but I lost all my side bars and i need them, what can i do about that.

Thanks
    Last edited by zachmage; 07-09-2012 at 08:14 AM.

Default Reply to my request

Dan,

All my site look the same so here is what it looks like with the new skinny template http://www.watchesforyou.info/
    and one of my regular set ups http://www.watchesworld.info/ so my question is can I have all of it without the header.
    In addition none of my post load I just get the error
    ERROR
    The requested URL could not be retrieved

While trying to retrieve the URL: http://www.watchesforyou.info/ana-dig/

The following error was encountered:

Zero Sized Reply

Squid did not receive any data for this request.

Thanks
    Last edited by zachmage; 07-09-2012 at 07:40 PM.

It's really hard to follow your questions.. could you take a few minutes and restructure your questions if the below doesn't help.

As far as telling you a quick and easy way to do the modifications.. there is no quick and easy way and it would take me an hour to type it up. You're basically asking for a whole new theme. I would recommend hiring a coder to assist you or find a plugin that creates custom facebook pages. It's not something I can do.. I try to help out on the forum, but we sold the business in January..

As far as page load.. You've got wp super cache and it says it took 77 seconds for page to generate.. check how you're remote loading the content. And redo your cache.

I'm not familiar with the error or "squid"

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Nickerson View Post
    It's really hard to follow your questions.. could you take a few minutes and restructure your questions if the below doesn't help.

As far as telling you a quick and easy way to do the modifications.. there is no quick and easy way and it would take me an hour to type it up. You're basically asking for a whole new theme. I would recommend hiring a coder to assist you or find a plugin that creates custom facebook pages. It's not something I can do.. I try to help out on the forum, but we sold the business in January..

As far as page load.. You've got wp super cache and it says it took 77 seconds for page to generate.. check how you're remote loading the content. And redo your cache.

I'm not familiar with the error or "squid"
    Dan,

Thanks again for the reply. Let me see is I can make this easier. What I am asking is basically is there a skinny option for the posts? It loads pages as skinny but post as regular. I need the whole site to load at 800 pixels wide or at least the main content like in the skinny page.
    I am leaving the sites all online as is and adding them all as subs to another account for FB
    If there is not a solution to this do you have any recommendations for a css coder for Socrates theme as I do not see any one the forum that could make it that way for me as all of my sites are built exactly the same so I just need one css template that I could load into all of my sites.

Thank you for the tip on caching.

Zach

I'm sorry there is not a skinny template for posts.

I think you're making a huge mistake if you are duplicating all your sites for Facebook..

You're basically looking for a completely different theme. Socrates is fixed width.. to change to 800 pixels would me the theme would have to be completely recoded. It would be a major project. It would be simpler to just use a free or inexpensive responsive theme.