Please Read First
Troubleshooting Tips
Frequently Asked Questions
Before Posting Please Disable Wp Super Cache Plugin
When Posting Please Include Your URL.
Search Forum Using Google Search Box Above
Forum Video

Exclamation Child / Parent Theme Issue.

Hi Dan...can you please help with this: (let me know if you need more info.)

Email to my Coder...
    Not long ago you did some great work for me setting up a Child Theme for "Socrates".
    I am only just getting around to adding the content, and I find there is a problem...
    A "draft" post (unpublished,) shows when you preview the post...but when you go into the editor (visual or html) there is no article showing.
    I have also noticed that the small Socrates Icon above the Appearance Tab in my dashboard does not show for the Child Theme...and does show when I load the Parent Theme.
    When I switch to Twenty-Eleven theme, my article shows as it should in the editor.

His reply...
    Hi, I discovered that file causing error is custom-fields.php in socrates theme, so I commented it out. It server for custom options when writing posts (custom read me text and turn of in post add).
    I did not manage to pinpoint the exact problem, so I suggest you to contact support and tell them what I told you.
    Tony_V

How did you create the draft post if you can't see it in the editor? That's where you lost me.

And what is the link and did you rename the socrates directory?

Dan, thanks for your prompt reply.

Article "disappeared" in editor after some time was spent loading and editing. (It did re-appear last night temporarily...gone after a short time again this morning.)

I did not rename the Socrates directory.
    Link is www.nightvisionreport.com
    Tony_V

Do you have any other plugins that might affect the post editor. I'm having a hard time trying to come up with a reason why content would come and go. What are the other files you've put in the socrates child theme directory?

You might consider just migrating them back into the main directory.. we've got no updates planned right now.

Dan,

I did install Pretty Link Lite plugin some time before the disappearances...it was the first thing I deleted when searching for a solution.
    I also activated my Socrates Parent Theme to find a solution, but the article was still invisible...that's when I tried Twenty-Eleven theme and found it was fine.
    I will try deleting and reloading the Parent...in case something has been changed...and report back.
    Tony_V

Dan,

Deleting and reloading Parent had no effect.
    I deleted the post (permanently,) and reloaded...I'll report back if something screwy happens.
    Tony_V