Troubleshooting Tips
Frequently Asked Questions
Before Posting Please Disable Wp Super Cache Plugin
When Posting Please Include Your URL.
Search Forum Using Google Search Box Above
Forum Video

Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Default Thanks for your quick reply!

Yeah I thought the link wouldn't be of much help!

I had no problems before today, I changed the header a lot of times and I think it is because I used a special character, I think!

I used blank spaces at the end of the title and description. "alt + 255" is what I used for the blank spaces. I did this because I wanted to move the title and description. Obviously it didn't work!

I can give you my password and username in PM but I would like that to be my last resource!

is there any way I could fix this?
    I think it is because I have used the special character, what do you think?

Thank you very much for your help!

Just make sure your header is named something like.

header.jpg

Right now it's named:
    Improve_The_Memory_Header20.png

Then reupload it..

The alt code would have no impact

Default Still not working!

it doesn't matter what I do I change the header, use a solid color, write something else, everytime I click it takes me to a blank page and never saves anything. I tried deactivating and activating the theme but won't fix anything.

I also tried deleting the socrates theme manually but same results!! How could I delete Socrates completely so when I get it again i will have to type in the activation code? because as for right now everytime I delete Socrates from my site n re install it again - all the settings are the same and theme is already unlocked, why? is there any extra file I should delete ?

thanks for your help!!

If you can just PM me your access info I can fix quickly.

I see the header file name is still the same, did you put anything in the custom css box for the header? If so, delete it.

I'm sure I can easily resolve if you just PM access.

The other thing you can try is to upload this file manually via ftp or file manager to this location.

wp-content/themes/socrates/header-images/uploads/Improve_The_Memory_Header20.png

Default I have problems with the header

In the header section displays the following message

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /headers/headerpicker2.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache mod_fcgid/2.3.6 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at banx.socratestheme.com Port 80

We have a message in the members area about this. It's related to yesterday's issues and should be fixed today.

Sorry for the problem.

Similar issues... I have had my sight up and running for several months and yesterday decided i wanted to change the header. I made a header and tried to upload it through the header button thing. I get this ....Warning: opendir(../wp-content/themes/socrates/header-images/uploads) [function.opendir]: failed to open dir: No such file or directory in /home/rafa/public_html/howtolosefatforwomen.com/wp-content/themes/socrates/socrates/functions.php on line 2281

so I tried to move the lower socrates folder into the other one in file zilla and it just says its a similar path and doesn't move it. I am so bad at this part of the computer. I just don't want to screw up my site.

I have snooped through the file manager thing in cpanel and snooped in filezilla to just locate a folder that has those ready made headers in it thinking maybe I could just put my header in there! I can't find that stuff either. I really don't know what I am doing. Also, my header is the right size etc... here is the info... my website is howtolosefatforwomen.com the image I want to use for my header is headerfatlosswomenbabymegsmaller.png or headermeg.png I went to file zilla and just put the image in a couple of places to see if that changed anything. Nope! I am really a novice at this part. I apologize in advance for my ignorance! Sorry!

It's definitely a double directory issue.

It's just a matter of moving all the files. You highlight all the files in socrates/socrates and drag them to the first socrates folder in Filezilla.

You'll then have to reset Socrates as the theme when you log back in.

You can't hurt anything if you just try dragging those files.

Another option is to just delete the socrates folder, the first one.. and then just reinstall using the original zip.

Thanks for the reply! I just tried to drag the lower folder into the other one and it bounces back and says "source and path of the drop operation are identical" If I delete the top socrates folder and reinstal from the zip file, will I lose my site as it is and have to start over?
    thanks again.

One other thought I had...I really just wanted to add a small image to the right side of the existing header and couldn't figure out how to do that so that is what lead me to think it would be easier to add a whole header. Is there an easy way to just add that small image to the header? Just a thought. thanks