Troubleshooting Tips
Frequently Asked Questions
Before Posting Please Disable Wp Super Cache Plugin
When Posting Please Include Your URL.
Search Forum Using Google Search Box Above
Forum Video

Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Default My Header Won't Load

When I try to load my header, it says that the changes have been made but when I refresh, there is no change. I am unsure what PM access means. Before I contacted Hostgator I was getting a similar message about the directories as the other guy on here...
    Warning: opendir(../wp-content/themes/socrates/header-images/uploads) [function.opendir]: failed to open dir: No such file or directory in /home/samuel/public_html/hawaiisolarcompany.com/resources/wp-content/themes/socrates/socrates/functions.php on line 2065 , except of course with my domain name.

After contacting my host and working on this for an hour, the message went away but still no changes. Do I need to uninstall wordpress and start over again? I've already done this once and am wondering if there's some leftover files that are causing the problem.

Default Header Won't Load.

I did this,
    Goto Settings > Miscellaneous (or Settings > Media in 3.0)
    and save the upload path as

wp-content/uploads

Not sure what any of this means;

If that doesn't work chmod the permissions on the header-images and sub directories via FTP to 777. Change back to 755 permissions if fixed.

Default Problems with Header and Background image

There's no problems with Layout, Navigation or Styling. I can change and save those options. When I get to the header section, it says that the changes have been made but when I refresh there's no change. Also, the background seems to have a problem and the message says,
    Warning: opendir(../wp-content/themes/socrates/background-images/) [function.opendir]: failed to open dir: No such file or directory in /home/super315/public_html/greatmassagetips.com/wp-content/themes/socrates-2/functions.php on line 1583

As we state at the beginning of this thread and in my #1 bullet, the directory must be named: socrates

Yours is named: socrates-2 Via FTP or your file manager you need to rename the directory to: socrates

If you have Cpanel you would goto File Manager and open up the public_html directory.

Click to /wp-content/themes and then click on socrates-2 and click the "rename" icon above. Then reload your site.

If you would like me to do this Private Message me on the forum with your access info for both Cpanel and WP dashboard.

Default re: cannot upload custom header

I am lost as to where my original post is, so I am posting my results here.

Renaming, Filezilla, those suggestions did not work for me.

The one thing that did work was I went to the CPanel and went to Socrates...Header Images...Uploads....and then clicked on that...the next screen showed the current header, I hit Upload and uploaded the image. Then I was able to go back into the Admin area at my blog and click on the image and it switched out as the header.

The one other problem I found is that resizers differ, one will say 960 when it is 962 in another resizer, so I changed it to 959.

With those changes, I was able to upload the image.

From now I will go into CPanel to upload images when I cannot do it otherwise.

That will work but you should not have to take the extra step or even resize the header. Most likely your header issues are related to one of the reasons listed in this thread.

That may be true, that there might have been an easier way, but I just couldn't make it work.

And I have to add that even by doing the C Panel way, I was not entirely successful with some of the blogs. In some cases, I had to upload the newest Socrates upgrade...deleted the old...added the new...per the Socrates instructions...before the CPanel method I was using worked.

At the end of the day, I just want to get it done. If I could have figured it out easier, maybe I don't understand a technical term or something, I would have done it, but getting it done is really I want in the end.

Sorry for the issue.

Next time if you have an issue just PM me wordpress and cpanel access and I can probably figure out the issue and correct in seconds.

Default I Can't change my header!!!!

I tried to change my header today but I can't!

I can edit everything but whenever I click on "Save" it takes me to a blank page!

The Url is below↓ - My site is www.how2improvethememory.com

http://www.how2improvethememory.com/...it=1&save=Save

PLEASE HELP ME!!

I have this new header I need to put up and I can't

I will appreciate any help !!

Thank you very much!

The second link is of no use to us because we would need you admin username and password to go there (please don't post either to the forum! If you want to PM them to one of us we can take a look.). Does your filename for the header have any characters in it other than letters? That has caused issues in the past. I see a custom header on the site now. I assume you have been able to upload headers in the past so you probably don't have a folder permissions issue.
    Lynn T. Harrison
    Ever Evolving Enterprises
    LynnTHarrison.com (my blog on using WordPress) Testimonials appreciated