Please Read First
Troubleshooting Tips
Frequently Asked Questions
Before Posting Please Disable Wp Super Cache Plugin
When Posting Please Include Your URL.
Search Forum Using Google Search Box Above
Forum Video

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

So this is part of the latest release now? I've done quite a few changes to different files so would it be just a matter of installing a new header file and adding the .ddnav to the bottom of the style sheet or do I still need to install a plugin?

Thanks
    Last edited by jv63; 07-27-2010 at 09:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jv63 View Post
    So this is part of the latest release now? I've done quite a few changes to different files so would it be just a matter of installing a new header file and adding the .ddnav to the bottom of the style sheet or do I still need to install a plugin?

Thanks
    I have purchased Socrates and am working on the drop down aspect currently. I am wondering the same thing.
    Alex Webley | Life Coach | Counselor | Executive Coach | Website | Twitter

It's not part of this version or the next version. We just made the mod available for the small number of people who are looking for drop down functionality.

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    I decided to add it to version 2.03 for convenience.
    Thanks for your further input Dan.

I got confused about what was meant by adding. It seems that you meant the last line of code (ddnav at bottom of CSS). I thought the theme had been updated to include drop down navigation.

As it happens I installed the plug in and altered the header.php code as suggested.

It did indeed change my menu, however I got two search boxes on the end partially overlapping:

Overlap appears regardless of whether the theme's inbuilt header nav is enabled or not.

I have also discovered that the pixopoint plugin built in editor is temporarily disabled and the process for altering design (e.g change from red color) appears to be via an external editor which (to me) seems complicated. Using the external editor also appears to have a premium (paid) option to enable some features - I am not sure if I would need these or not. There are also indications that I might need extra bits and pieces/plug ins for the editing process.

A workaround might be to install an earlier version of the plug in, however that raises security issues.
    Last edited by AlexWebley; 07-27-2010 at 11:45 PM. Reason: Clarification

Further update....

I like Socrates a great deal and would rather not take the easy way out and use another theme. Hence I have been trying to solve my issues.

I found this:

http://pixopoint.com/2010/02/12/pixo...ugin-beta-0-8/

I installed and then altered the initial header.php code as Dan suggested.

This has fixed the search box overlay, and I now have the categories appearing in the menu (the categories did not appear before - just the pages).

I now have to work out how to change the color from red to something more suitable for my color scheme. I also want to see if I can stop the categories appearing if I don't want them in. (Probably the ideal will be to have the categories in one larger drop down - i.e a menu saying categories, with every category dropping down below that).

Please bear in mind that the developers of the above beta do not recommend using in a production environment. As it is my own site I can take the risk. (Haven't got much other choice really).

PS: I did find the Jquery Drop Down Menu quite good - but it only showed pages, not categories. Just had to add one line of code to header.php.
    Last edited by AlexWebley; 07-28-2010 at 02:50 AM. Reason: Typo

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    It's not part of this version or the next version. We just made the mod available for the small number of people who are looking for drop down functionality.
    So we still need to make the modifications to the header file right? The "I've added it to verstion 2.03" threw me. Thanks for clarifying.

I was referring to a previous post, and have now clarified that post.

Yes, you still need to edit the header.php file. All that was added was the ddnav css

Default Drop down links

Greetings Dan,
    Where will the urls be placed in socrates for the child / subpages or is that autmatically managed by assigning a catagory or page as a child page?

It's managed by the plugin. Just use the plugin settings to setup.. then as you add pages it should populate for you.

shaliam captured my exact questions....so even though the child/parent relationship set up is set under Pages, and the primary navigation menu entries are set up under Socrates-->Navigation, i still need to swap out some code and add other code as described in detail earlier in this post thread to have a page (like "Disclosure") be listed under another parent page (like "About")? or is there inherently something in v2.03 (that i have already) that makes this easier? the code swapping/adding seems straightforward, but still makes me nervous.

thanks,
    Alex
    www.backyardice.com