Please Read First
Troubleshooting Tips
Frequently Asked Questions
Before Posting Please Disable Wp Super Cache Plugin
When Posting Please Include Your URL.
Search Forum Using Google Search Box Above
Forum Video

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

If you have a Pages widget than your subpages will appear below your pages in the sidebar.

If you want this function in the primary navbar you'll have to use the custom mod and bypass our primary navigation settings.

Dan,
    Just installed 2 days ago and I must admit I can't get this plugin configured even after going to Pixo site. Can't find a Video on it either that is any good.
    I have double checked all the mods made that were posted here and they are correct.
    I normally don't consider myself stupid...but I'm leaning towards it this time..lol. No one else seems to have a problem with it.

I'm using WP 3.01 and Soc 2.03. Win 7 32 bit...Firefox 3.6

Dan, I know you don't want to get involved with this plugin, but do you think you could post some SCREENSHOTS of the plugin settings from your Test Sight?....also do you change any Nav settings in Socrates after installing?

Dan on your Test Site I noticed you don't have an ad in the 728x90 HTML Advertising Code Box.
    When I set up the plugin it automatically puts all my pages across the Nav Bar which I assume is normal...however when I try to setup a PAGE button with a drop down for my other pages...everything dissapears from the Nav Bar except the HOME Tab and my
    728 X 90 add is pushed over and forces my rotating 220 add down on the right..but there is No Button showing or dropdown menu. Maybe the text is white against the white background from behind the ad...,but there is no Page button showing so I don't think that is it. BTW Pixo has disabled the CSS editing in the plugin while they fix a problem with it they said.
    Have you tried a 728X90 ad under the bar on the test site to see what it does?
    I think the problem is I just can't figure out the settings of the plug-in correctly. I have tried different ways and nothing???
    That's why I asked for a couple of SCREENSHOTS of your settings on the TEST site to point me in the right direction. I think that would help tremendously.

Best Regards,
    Stephen

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
    No one else seems to have a problem with it.
    You are not the only one. I stopped using Socrates because I could not get the drop down menu right in the end, despite trying various methods and spending a lot of time.

I still have the theme, which I like a lot, and may use it on other sites for which a simple menu is fine. Alternatively, the menu 'situation' may improve down the track. Anyhow, I had to move on past the issue and use another theme.

Perhaps you could pay someone to fix your issue? I did not take that route - in my case was easier to buy another theme; though I did miss out on some of the core Socrates functionality.
    Alex Webley | Life Coach | Counselor | Executive Coach | Website | Twitter

I just reinstalled this following my instructions and installing the default plugin and it's working fine for me. I added banners as well and no issues

http://socratestheme.com/dropdown2/

I would much prefer you giving me access to your site so I can quickly fix any issues than taking screenshots and doing tutorials on this.

I'm sorry for the problems.. If anyone has any issues with this plugin for now just PM me your login details and I should be able to fix in few seconds.

Signing off for night now though.

Question Drop Down Menu your site

Hey Dan,

I just went to your new test site with ads

http://socratestheme.com/dropdown2/

It has the same problems mine does. The 728 X90 ad is dropped way down and the 220X90 ad is dropped below that to the right.

I thought then it must be my browser so I switched from Firefox to IE and still see the same thing. So I went to another machine with Win 7 Ultimate...same thing.
    So I also have a iMac running Firefox still showing the same problem.

I don't understand how it is showing up on your computer with no problems and not on all 3 of my computers.
    I'm really Puzzled now. Have you viewed your new test site today or is it just me?
    Stephen

Well that is just bizarre.

Sorry, I didn't see it on my laptop, but I do see it on my desktop.

Try this fix... in style.css find..

.im-topAds { padding:0px 10px; margin:-15px 0px 10px; height:90px;}
    And change to

.im-topAds { padding:0px 10px; margin:0px 0px 10px; height:90px;}
    I'll add this to my mod info if it works for you.

Default Drop Down Menu your site

Thanks Dan I thought I was going nuts....I disabled on my site, but I'm going now to try this fix...I get back with you....Stephen

GREAT!! Your FIX worked for the Ad positioning. However....

http://www.HandMadeGiftCards.com

The Drop down Menu I have does Drop Down BEHIND a Featured POST rotating images below the Nav Bar making the Drop Down Unreadable behind the Gallery. You have to look close at the bottom of the Gallery, but you can see it is behind there.
    I wonder if there is a setting that makes the Drop Down
    "Always On Top"?

I still have to figure how to get a Pages Button with drop down on the bar.

I just converted from WPRobot to strictly WPZon Builder plug-in (Amazon Products) so I have a lot of post to clean out first, before trying the Page, Post thing again. I'll PM you if I need to at that stage.

Best Regards,
    Stephen

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    Well that is just bizarre.

Sorry, I didn't see it on my laptop, but I do see it on my desktop.

Try this fix... in style.css find..

And change to

I'll add this to my mod info if it works for you.

Unfortunately, this is where I have to draw the line on support.

You've added your own slider so there are problems with layers/jqueries etc.. the plugin owner will have to help with that answer.

My advice.. lose the slider. It makes your site too busy looking and doesn't help with navigation. I bet you'd get higher click throughs with a recent posts widget in top of right of sidebar..

Hi Dan,

Are you kidding...more click through 's without the Slider. I'm making $1000. a month with this site.. JUST KIDDING!!..I'm making squat : I was trying to decide if it was too busy as I too thought it was..you just confirmed my thoughts. Do you think the rotating 728 X 90 should also go...I thought about getting rid of that too or maybe strictly adsense TEXT in the 728 X 90???

Thanks,
    Stephen
    Last edited by Stephen; 09-13-2010 at 03:34 PM.