Troubleshooting Tips
Frequently Asked Questions
Before Posting Please Disable Wp Super Cache Plugin
When Posting Please Include Your URL.
Search Forum Using Google Search Box Above
Forum Video

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Header Requests

We do recommend that you take advantage of outsourcing sites for simple graphics.

Dimejobs.com is fine.. of course there's Fiverr.com as well.

Or if you want a professional design you can check out high end resources like 99designs.com

Default Dan, can you develop some more pet headers?

One with both dogs and cats would be nice.

A header with men touching hair on their heads would be great. Or just anything to do with hairdressing.

Default Custom header does not link to home page

I know that the all Socrates headers link to the home page. Any reason why custom headers do not link to the home page? I want all my pages and posts to link back to the home page. Can you include this when you update Socrates? Could you provide me with the code to have my header link back to the home page?

Thanks!

Mark

Unless you have changed the Socrates code it should work this way regardless of where the header image came from. The only time the header is not an active link to the home page is when you are already on the home page.
    Lynn T. Harrison
    Ever Evolving Enterprises
    LynnTHarrison.com (my blog on using WordPress) Testimonials appreciated

Default Header link now works!

Quote Originally Posted by lynnth View Post
    Unless you have changed the Socrates code it should work this way regardless of where the header image came from. The only time the header is not an active link to the home page is when you are already on the home page.
    I was not logged off my WP control panel. It works like a charm to Campwardbound from every page and posts. Thanks for the info! I have been spoiled by this theme because it takes care of so many SEO issues that we normally have to do by hand.

**this may be in wrong thread, feel free to move**

Has there been any talk of implementing a custom header package add-on? Or if there was a way to work together to offer a package of custom headers and share in the revenue? Dan, feel free to PM me for more details on what I am thinking.

Thanks - Andy

We have another customer who had done that with some success, but I don't believe sells them any longer My recommendation to you would be to make a 960x150 header pack and say they can be used in Socrates.

If your goal is to make extra money, then making them universal will get your more sales. Then sell a bundle of headers on JVZoo or warriorforum.

Right Dan, that was my idea. Any idea on what the other customer was selling previously? I mean in terms of the number of headers, pricing, if there was a concentration or focus on certain niches, etc? If not, then have any recommendations? I was thinking of at least 100 headers to start with, and then if there's a high level of interest, come up with a second bigger package, etc

My first thought would be just to promote within the Socrates community. Warrior is a good idea too, although I wonder how long it would take before someone is posting links as a way to get it for free?

Thanks for the reply!

I wouldn't overthink this as it's a competitive market. You may want to just create a gig on Fiverr where you make custom Socrates headers for $5.00, then post in the forum that you offer the service. If you get a good response expand from there.