Frequently Asked Questions
Before Posting Please Disable Wp Super Cache Plugin
When Posting Please Include Your URL.
Search Forum Using Google Search Box Above
Forum Video

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Can't get custom header image to load properly

Hello,

I cannot get a custom or Socrates supplied header image to display on my site www.overcomeeverything.com.
    The text part (which I have on there right now) works fine. When I try to use an image it causes the gray background on my current text header to change to white. I have tried re-installing Socrates via the blog interface, I do not have the Wp Super Cache Plugin installed. I've saved all the panels. And my version of Wordpress is up to date.

Any ideas?
    Thanks.

When I look at your page source I see a dark gray header specified:
    #header {width:940px; height:150px; overflow:hidden; padding:5px 10px 0px; background-color:#454545}

have you checked the permissions on your upload folders?
    Lynn T. Harrison
    Ever Evolving Enterprises
    LynnTHarrison.com (my blog on using WordPress) Testimonials appreciated

Default RE: Can't get custom header image to load properly

Techvic,

Is there any errors being returned when you attempt to upload your header?

Lynnth, I removed the image option because it was causing the header to look screwy, with a white background and all. It's simply text at the moment. The permissions on my /socrates/header-images/uploads folder is 755. Is that correct? @jnewgent- No I'm not getting any error messages. It takes awhile to save changes when I select an image header, seems to be running real slow when it's pulling from the socratesheaders folder on Amazon s3. But that wouldn't explain why it runs slow and fails to updated an image header that I uploaded myself...

755 should be right. If you would put it back to an image for a short while the page source might give me a hint what is happening.
    Lynn T. Harrison

Just put it back to an image. You can see how the header appearance changed. I used the Socrates header http://socratesheaders.s3.amazonaws....s/Graphs_1.jpg

The path for the file looks good. I believe that if you use cPanel file manager or FTP you'll find that the file did not get uploaded. Arr all of the folders under uploads also 755?
    Lynn T. Harrison

You are right, the file was not uploaded. I manually uploaded it myself, and checked the file permissions, it set them to 644 on the image. Is that correct?
    Do you know where in the header.php file I can specify this header image file I uploaded? Or how to get it to display now that it's physically there?

If you go into the Socrates header page and scroll down to the bottom of the list there is a button on the left for uploads. Selecting that should display your header and allow you to select it and save.
    Lynn T. Harrison

Do you mean the "Upload Your own Header Image" button? I tried that, but my header is already uploaded via ftp. I think I need to manually specify it's location in Socrates. Do you know what file to edit, and where to put the header image link?