Please Read First
Troubleshooting Tips
Frequently Asked Questions
Note: Appearance issues are often caused by caching plugins.
When Posting Please Include Your URL.
Search Forum Using Google Search Box Above
IMPORTANT: If after forum login, you appear logged out, click on "New Posts". You should show as logged in then. It's a Vbulletin bug.
Forum Video

Default Search Field anomaly with Firefox

When viewing my site through Safari I see an icon with a magnifying glass icon in a square on the right end of the main navigation bar following the search field. Looks great. Placing the cursor over the icon causes the icon to turn a darker shade of great. Super.

In Firefox, the icon is not present, but the words "Submit Query" are; although with no good looking alignment halfway beneath the right end of the search field. When I place the cursor over the text "Submit Query" it flashes a bit, disappears, and the missing icon shows up. When I move the cursor away, the icon disappears and the "Submit Query" text comes back.

Can you share a link to the site with the issue? Have you modified the search code at all?

It's not been reported before and can't be duplicated on our end.

The site is the same one I sent you the URL of in my last PM to you. The only change I've made since you looked at it the last time -- or at all for that matter -- is changing the 573 to 563 in SytleBothSides.css as per your instructions -- which worked great.

I do run with a great many Firefox extensions, however I launched Firefox 3.6.3 under the latest Mac OS X in safe mode to verify that the problem does indeed persist when visiting that site with all extensions disabled.

Hope that helps.

Our developer uses Mac and Firefox.

I will file a bug report with him, and hopefully we can find a solution for you.

Fili,

I have several macs running the latest version of Mac OS and do all my development in FireFox. I have never seen this issue. Dan sent me the link and I checked your site on multiple macs running several different versions of FireFox with no issues.

I tested it in FireFox versions:

Are you still experiencing the issue on your end? If so it might be an issue with your machine.
    Jon Carroll
    Socrates Development Team
    "Wisdom begins in wonder." - Socrates