Please Read First
Troubleshooting Tips
Frequently Asked Questions
Before Posting Please Disable Wp Super Cache Plugin
When Posting Please Include Your URL.
Search Forum Using Google Search Box Above
Forum Video

Red face Confession - I do not understand how and why to use facebook/twitter, etc.

My business model is to put up lots of small sites - OODLES in fact - in all kinds of niches. So far I have domains in some of the holidays, pagan niches, some tied to various clickbank accounts, etc. I have placed the little bird/ facebook logo on my sites but I honestly do not understand what the purpose of this is. So far they all go to my personal accounts. Am I to create accounts on these sites for each niche? Is creating multiple facebook/twitter accounts the best use of my time? What will my friends think about all this? Will it clutter up my personal facebook/ twitter accounts?

The deal of it is this: I want to create a lot of little sites, and maximize the use of my time to make the most money possible.

We have one for the backpackers and it's great as we get to network with other business within the travel industry and when someone has a special deal going we usually get a c commission from it so send out 2-3 messages over the course of a week alerting to travelers of it. Works great, and for me personally, I find it more personal than emailing as i can speak to people directly so it creates a more personal feel than I would get answering emails.

I used to use twitter for a news ag site and would send updates via twitter to everyone on my list, it was a great way for one traffic. Haven't done it for awhile due to other commitment but is definitely a good way of setting up one way traffic to sites with offers and adsense.

If you don't have social media accounts, then don't use the social media slider.

Only setup accounts if it suits your business model. Social media can work but it does involve time and commitment. Focus on content first..

Cool Thanks for the comments guys

Honestly, I think social media would be one of the first things I would outsource out, and then only if I could be convinced that it was the best way to go.

Creating content first - yes indeedy deed. Those websites don't write and monetize themselves. And a lack of focus - I am convinced- keeps most of us from finding a business model that works for us and then becoming profitable.

But still, when I get around to it - is it wise to create separate facebook/twitter accounts for each niche?

Do you get backlinks from facebook and twitter"?

Quote Originally Posted by bloomingrose View Post
    Honestly, I think social media would be one of the first things I would outsource out, and then only if I could be convinced that it was the best way to go.

Creating content first - yes indeedy deed. Those websites don't write and monetize themselves. And a lack of focus - I am convinced- keeps most of us from finding a business model that works for us and then becoming profitable.

But still, when I get around to it - is it wise to create separate facebook/twitter accounts for each niche?

Do you get backlinks from facebook and twitter"?
    Outsourcing is truly the best way to go and with the amount of people who are willing to write articles and promote url's with keywords it's an simple process of finding the right people to do the things you would like done. With Googles new change, content has truly become the king of rankings. i know of people who have websites within niches who have a minimum 500-1000 word articles written daily and posted on their sites then promoted through their methods who are ranking on the first page of Google for hundreds of keywords both short and long tail and getting a ton of traffic through the search engines.

The guys from link pushing have a great quote which I think is very apt in today's marketing industry Original Content is King, Backlinks are Queen and together they make good children. Get these two fundamentals right and your in the business of making money.

Before I had to take down my news website I used to get a ton of traffic from both Twitter and Facebook and even now get the occasional tweet asking when I was gong to rebuild it.

Another way to use Facebook is to put "Like" buttons on your posts. There are many plugins for this. When I reader clicks that they "like" your post, it will show up on THEIR Facebook account.

Now when that person's friends see that person's wall on Facebook that they "liked" your post, it can be clicked and those people can visit your site as well.

Social networking sites have proven to be the best tools to divert traffic to your website and get better share in the market. So, if you would like to know the exact reason as to how and why these sites play a role in the promotion of a product or service then search for your query online.

Using Facebook, twitter and other social networks is really easy and would not require that much technical knowledge as it is so easy to set up. Though being effective would be another discussion as that would spell make or break for what you are attaching there. It would also require time and commitment as that opens your page to a real time customer base that might end inquiries on the fly. And you would want to make sure that you respond right away.

Default Facebook Ad

I wanted to promote the Socrates Theme on Facebook. I started to do some writing about the theme to inform people how great it is. I then wanted to put an ad on facebook for it to drive traffic to my site to a dedicated page just for advertising the theme.

I can not seem to get it approved though. Can someone help me.
    This is what I tried:

title-Easy Six Figure Income
    URL - http://www.easysixfigureincome.com/socrates-wp-theme/
    Description- Looking for the perfect WP Theme? Check out Socrates, it's Adsense & Clickbank Monetized, Over 220 headers & it's FREE for 7 days.

Title -Socrates Theme
    URL - http://www.easysixfigureincome.com/socrates-wp-theme/
    Description- Looking for the perfect WP Theme? Check out Socrates, it's Adsense & Clickbank Monetized, Over 220 headers & it's FREE for 7 days.

Unfortunately I am only getting the generic responses from Facebook as to why my ad is not being approved.
    Thanks for the help I am very frustrated.
    Lisa

I don't know Facebook's terms and conditions but I would suspect it's because you're using AdSense and Clickbank's trademarks.

You can't use trademarks in an ad.