Please Read First
Troubleshooting Tips
Frequently Asked Questions
Before Posting Please Disable Wp Super Cache Plugin
When Posting Please Include Your URL.
Search Forum Using Google Search Box Above
Forum Video

Default How do I delete pages from the sidebar

I've figured out how to add pages, thanks to the videos, but how do I stop pages from showing up on the sidebar?

I don't want pages such as about, contact, privacy, terms of use, etc. showing up on the sidebar.

How do I correct this. I want them to show only in the footer. The About page is OK on the sidebar.

Thanks,

Taeri

Go into your Widgets and open the Page widget. You will see a section for "Exclude" In this box you put the page ID in, separated by commas. To get the page ID, hover your cursor over the title of page in your dash board and look for the link preview on your screen. You are looking for a number following post=xx xx being a number. That is the number you put in the widget to be excluded.

Another approach you can also use is the Exclude Pages plug-in. It adds a checkbox in the page editor labeled Include page in menus (checked by default). Once the plug-in is installed you just go into the page editor for each page, uncheck that box and save.
    Lynn T. Harrison
    Ever Evolving Enterprises
    LynnTHarrison.com (my blog on using WordPress) Testimonials appreciated

Default No page widget

Thanks for the suggestions; however, when I open up widgets the only ones on the right are primary, optional, widget left, center, and right and they're all empty. But when I view the site I see pages, archives, and categories.

Also, while trying to fix this, I lost the article that was on the home page and it is now listed under pages (walking your way to health and fitness).

http://walknlive.com

Thanks,

Taeri

Taeri,

You've got our default widgets setup. Those are just placeholders.

You need to overwrite ours, by dragging widgets to the primary sidebar. Once you do save them and you can then exclude pages.

OK, thank you. I was able to exclude some pages; however, I still can't seem to get the page walking your way to health and fitness to link to the home page.

I went to navigation and in url 1 I tried both the external and internal link of the page and left the title home, but I keep getting Not Found on my home page.

Taeri

The link on the nav bar works fine. It looks like the static home page configuration on the WordPress Reading page is set to some other page that no longer exists.
    Lynn T. Harrison
    Ever Evolving Enterprises
    LynnTHarrison.com (my blog on using WordPress) Testimonials appreciated

I went to reading and set the front page to static and selected the page 'walking your way to health and fitness' but I'm still getting the Not Found msg.

Sorry for all the questions, but how do I fix this?

Thank you,

Taeri

I figured it out! Thanks for all your help.

Taeri