Frequently Asked Questions
Before Posting Please Disable Wp Super Cache Plugin
When Posting Please Include Your URL.
Search Forum Using Google Search Box Above
Forum Video

Thread: Page templates

Smile Page templates

Hi Everyone,

I am starting this with - I hope this is not a silly question!

I just uploaded the new version of Socrates and all went well, no challenges.

Then, I found that I had lost the template selection in the page editor?

Can anyone help me? Did I upload something incorrect?

Whilst on this discussion, I noticed that it said there is a squeeze and a sales page template in the new version, but I can't find them - am I just not looking in the right places?

So, I suppose the question is - how do I get a sales page template onto my site?

Thanks in advance
    Tracey

From your main dashboard, click Pages and that will show you your pages. Next click "add new". On the right side of the page you will see a box labeled attributes, this is where the templates are.

There is a drop down menu for page templates, this is where you will find the sales page, squeeze page etc. When you click on one then the fields will appear and you just enter your information. Squeeze page allows for videos and much more.
    If you already knew all of this, then you will have to appeal to a higher authority

Hi guys and girls,

Love this new forum, in fact, I love Socrates to pieces.

I've already put up five blogs and they are all a work in progress.

I'll show them off when I'm satisifed.

Thanks Tracey for asking about the Squeeze pages, and thanks EHiatt121 for providing the answers.

May the force be with you :-)

Owenross

Thanks EHiatt121 - great reply and that helps but I am missing the drop down bar for templates - it just isn't there?

I think I'll go report a bug and see what I have done. I think I will also go re-load Socrates theme and see if I did something in the upload.

I really am looking forward to getting this template right - last thing on my list to work out.

Again, thanks for replying with such great instructions - they helped and will help once I get my template drop down bar working again.

Tracey

Smile

Just thought I'd give you all an update.

Yes - I was the error as predicted!!!

I had uploaded the wrong version of Socrates. Funny, when you upload the correct information to the computer it then works.

thanks for the assistance - especially to Dan who discovered my silly mistake.

Socrates Rocks!

Dan is the man, glad you got if worked out. Before this theme I was learning to build websites on my own with little direction. Many a late night with trial and error. Heck, when I first started with WordPress, I did everything through FTP, building the databases and all. Wasn't until I saw one of Dan's videos showing how to do that through the cpanel in about 14 seconds.