Frequently Asked Questions
Before Posting Please Disable Wp Super Cache Plugin
When Posting Please Include Your URL.
Search Forum Using Google Search Box Above
Forum Video

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Want my post titles to be H1!

Hello,
    Have probably a stupid question but hear goes,I want my post titles to be H1 tags ,does the theme automatically make the post title H1 or do I need to edit the theme.

When I create a post and then view I check the page source then H1,H1 has header related code which I have a header with text in the title text and tagline for the title of my site.

Shouldn't your post title be there if the post title will be my H1.Do I need to create an H1 in the body of the article but that leaves the post title right above it doesn't look very appealing.I am obviously a newbie to wordpress and just purchased socrates,great theme I might add.

Mark

Just download the latest zip file from the download area. The post titles are H1 in the latest zip.

Default You Mean Version 2.03

Hello,

Thanks for the response,are you referring to version 2.03 I thought that is what I had installed but maybe not.Can you clarify that as to the version.

Thank you!

Mark

Mark,

As I've mentioned in other threads there are times when a simple change
    can be made to improve the theme and I just do it.

Being a marketer first, developer second I'm not as overly concerned with version numbers as other developers. Especially to just change a "2" to a "1" in one file.

I added h1 support for post titles to the 2.03 zip about 10 days ago.

If you don't want to reinstall just goto:
    Appearance > Editor > Single.php and change the two instances of h2 to h1 and save.. take 10 secs.

Default H1 Tag!

Hello

The reason I asked about the version is because I purchased july 7th that was about 10 days and I felt I already had the latest version of it not that I didn't want to do it.

Secondly I have already changed the code as you referenced to
    <h1><a href="<?php the_permalink() ?>" rel="bookmark" title="Permanent Link to <?php the_title(); ?>"><?php the_title(); ?></a></h1> ,

earlier today before I even made my original post on the forum and that did not seem to make any difference.

Still my issues are the same as from my original post no H1 tag for post title just getting the header code h1{color:#5EED21;}

I will download it again worth a try.

I realize you are busy and don't want to be bothered by trivial stuff, not trying to bother anyone just trying to figure out the problem.

Mark

No reason to redownload if you changed the tags.

The only reason the h2 tags would still show is if you had Wp Super Cache running. Can you share your link?

Your post titles are h1.

<div class="post">
    <h1><a href="http://solar-energy-pros-and-cons.org/alternative-energy-sources-%e2%80%93-what-are-the-facts/" rel="bookmark" title="Permanent Link to Alternative Energy Sources What Are The Facts?">Alternative Energy Sources What Are The Facts?</a></h1>

And I apologize, the single.php file in our 2.03 zip is still h2, I'll be making the change to h1 soon.

Default Appreciate The Help!

Good to know they are H1 tags,although when I look in page source it doesn't show the H1 tag just the color code if you say it's H1 must be , like I said earlier wordpress and reading code is relatively new to me learning though.

Mark