Troubleshooting Tips
Frequently Asked Questions
Before Posting Please Disable Wp Super Cache Plugin
When Posting Please Include Your URL.
Search Forum Using Google Search Box Above
Forum Video

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Glenn,

You should contact someone whose worked with their plugin before, and check their online resources.

They must have support for this plugin if they want you to jump through these kind of hoops to set it up.

I would really like to help, but with 1000's of Socrates customers I've got to focus my time on Socrates related issues. Please check with PHPBayPro support.

OK. I contacted the plug-ins admin and I got it to work with Socrates. The only thing missing is the little horizontal dashes accross the bottom of the page or any page. Can you tell me what code in SINGLE.PHP I would need to use in my search file to put those dashes in (i.e. =========) ?

Can you give a example link? Are you saying you want dashes on every single post or page in Socrates or just on your new search page?

For all pages it would be controlled by the style.css folder. You would need to add a border bottom to post entries.

Depending on how you want this to appear, it might be just as easy to hard code it into a page. <p>=========================================</p> inside the page code.

Quote Originally Posted by glennf View Post
    OK. I contacted the plug-ins admin and I got it to work with Socrates. The only thing missing is the little horizontal dashes accross the bottom of the page or any page. Can you tell me what code in SINGLE.PHP I would need to use in my search file to put those dashes in (i.e. =========) ?
    Can you tell me how you got the search using phpBay and phpZon to work? Been trying to get it to work myself but to no avail.

Thanks

Default Here's How I Did It

Been meaning to document this for my next site using phpBay/phpZon. Here you go. Check out my Soccer Site and see how you like it! Do a search for soccer stuff and buy something it you like.

Replace the <form> code as shown below in HEADER.PHP

<!-- Search Form -->
    <div id="im-searchForm">
    <form method="get" class="searchform" action="<?php bloginfo('url'); ?>/">
    <table class="searchform" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" border="0">
    <tr>
    <td class="searchfield">
    <input type="text" class="text inputblur" value="<?php the_search_query(); ?>" name="s" />
    </td>
    <td class="searchbutton">
    <input name="submit" value="Search" type="image" src="<?php echo get_bloginfo('template_directory'); ?>/images/search.png" />
    </td>
    </tr></table>
    </form>
    <!--OLD FORM -->
    <!--form method="GET" action="<?php bloginfo('home'); ?>/">
    <input type="text" name="s" class="searchBox" id="s"
    onblur="this.value=(this.value=='') ? 'search' : this.value;"
    onfocus="clearText(this);" value="" />
    <input type="image" id="searchBtn" name="searchBtn"
    src="<?php bloginfo('template_url'); ?>/images/search.png"
    onmouseover="this.src='<?php bloginfo('template_url'); ?>/images/searchOv.png'"
    onmouseout="this.src='<?php bloginfo('template_url'); ?>/images/search.png'" border="0" />
    </form-->
    </div>

ADD a NEW FILE CALLED search.php and put in your socrates template folder and add this code to it. Just change the amount of results for phpBay/phpZon you want.

<?php get_header();
    include "topAd.php";
    include "sidebar.php";
    include "sidebar2.php";
    ?>

<?php if (have_posts()) : ?>

<div id="im-mainContent" class="im-mainContent">

<p align="center">Your search for '<strong><font color="#FF0000"><? echo $_GET["s"] ?></font></strong>' returned the following results:</p>
    <p>
    <?php
    function phpBaySearch($term) {
    $keyword = $term;
    $category = "";
    $text .= '[phpbay]' . $keyword . ',20,' . $category . ', ""[/phpbay]';
    echo phpBayPro($text);
    }
    phpBaySearch($_GET["s"]);
    ?>

<?php
    function phpZonsearch($term) {
    $keywords = $term;
    $text .= '[phpzon keywords="'.$keywords.'" num="10" country="US" searchindex="All" templatename="default" paging="true"]';
    echo do_shortcode($text);
    }
    phpZonsearch($_GET["s"]);
    ?>
    </p>

</div>

<?php endif; ?>

<div class="line"></div>

<?php get_footer(); ?>

That is awesome. Thanks so much. That's like that missing piece to having my sites the way I want them to look and act.

Hi Glenn,

Made some modifications to your script that you might be interested in. Someone pointed out to me that they sometimes got search results and sometimes a blank page.

It's because of these two lines that need to be removed:

<?php if (have_posts()) : ?>

<?php endif; ?>

Secondly, I found out that by having searchindex="ALL" you only get 5 pages of results. Even though it will show many more, once you click on page 6 you will get an error message. If you use a search index other than ALL you will get all the pages.

Cheers

Jay

Great mod! Thanks...

This may be asking too much but is there anyway to pull in posts/articles in the search also?

Like on your soccer site Glenn, you have an article on Court Soccer. If someone searched for court soccer shouldn't that article come up with the listings under it. If a search is done where there are no posts/articles, then it would default to the current mod.

Otherwise, the only way I can see to do this would be to have a separate search bar for the articles.

Any input or ideas?

Thanks!

Sue