Troubleshooting Tips
Frequently Asked Questions
Before Posting Please Disable Wp Super Cache Plugin
When Posting Please Include Your URL.
Search Forum Using Google Search Box Above
Forum Video

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default header problem revisited

Just thought I would try again to get some help.my last post went unanswered . I did see I was not the only one with a header problem but I did not think of asking for a refund.
    I was really excited about this theme as I do allot of niche blogs,but if I cannot get a header to work I'm just stuck.
    I even tried to upload my own and I see they got to the theme file in my cpanel but did not make it to uploads in the software.
    I'm sure its my bad I just need to know what Im doing wrong.I have researched the forum and tried the suggested fixes,but still no header image,just text and no header upload showing up.
    Maybe this is where I'm supposed to send a PM to admin but was hoping for forum support .P.S. this is not just happening with one URL but any I try.

If you want to send me a PM with the URL and a temporary username/password, I can take a look for you.
    Lynn T. Harrison
    Ever Evolving Enterprises
    LynnTHarrison.com (my blog on using WordPress) Testimonials appreciated

I found what looked like your header in the uploads section, selected it and saved. Tell me if it looks right to you now.
    Lynn T. Harrison

Question

I sure wish I could say yes but nothing is different on my end .no header shows up in the upload area .I tried refresh a couple of times but all is the same .its probably my sat. connection .

P.S. when I go to the site there is no header and a message that says
    "please configure soc.in the admin panel"

The "please configure" message is due to the fact that you have not setup the navigation settings for Socrates yet. I see the header when I look at your site. Are you possibly seeing a cached version in your browser?
    Lynn T. Harrison

I just turned off my PC and then back on and put the URL in the google box at the top and hit enter and the site came up but with no header. not sure how to do it to get it to view another way. have tried a # of ways .not using any bookmarks or any old search results. even in my amin and visit site . trying to figure out why you can see the header in the upload area but I cannot .In your last post you said I have not set up my navigation settings .could this be the root of my problems ? and if so I will get right on it,how did I miss that,oldtimer mind lapse LOL. thanks for your help.

OK I went and did my navigation settings . and went over my header info .still no changes seen from here.nothing in the upload area and no header even after looking at a new page and post dated today the 26th. still not sure how you can see it and I cannot.it really should not be this hard. its just a header> I starting to think I made a bad choice.there must be a simple answer to this problem. I will go to another forum and ask them to look at the site to see what they see when they input the URL.cant hurt to get more feed back.

This is what I see at the top of your page.
    Lynn T. Harrison

looks like the problem is with firefox. I went to IE and yes my header shows up there,but still not on firefox.I was told that the new update on firefox has some cache issues .Mystery Solved.
    I want to thank you for your help and your patients.
    I guess I could go back to an older version of firefox.