Please Read First
Troubleshooting Tips
Frequently Asked Questions
Before Posting Please Disable Wp Super Cache Plugin
When Posting Please Include Your URL.
Search Forum Using Google Search Box Above
Forum Video

Default Static Pages looking like Posts

I have a Socrates site where the WP Front Page is a Static Page, while the Posts are shown on a different page. Two of the Socrates templates (default and no-sidebars) cause Static Pages to include "post"-like text, e.g. By J+P on Wednesday 26, 2010 | Comments Off. and Comments are closed.
    Surely this defeats the object of a Static Page? Ironically, the Socrates Layout section allows one to turn off Authors in Posts. I haven't observed this phenomenon using other themes, so perhaps this is by design? Am I missing something? Is there a simple adjustment that I could make? Thanks!

http://buzz-on-bees.com using WP 3.0

windsoraffiliates

For faster response feel free to post in the support forums.

If you disable the author data in our Layout section it will drop it from the posts and default pages.

For the no sidebar template you need to remove it manually in

Appearance > Editor > fullpage.php

Just find and remove

<div class="postAuthor">By <?php the_author_posts_link(); ?> on <?php the_time('l, F jS, Y') ?> | <?php comments_popup_link('No Comments', '1 Comment', '% Comments'); ?></div>

What did you do to get posts to show on a different page. I'm trying to do the same thing and can't figure it out.

Thanks.

Wilson, I'm seeing 3 posts from you related to pages in the last few minutes. Just goto this forum thread. http://www.socratestheme.com/forum/f...roubleshooting

And click "Post New Thread" and be as specific as possible about what you need help with.. I'm not sure if you've got one question or three different ones, but they need clarification.