Troubleshooting Tips
Frequently Asked Questions
Before Posting Please Disable Wp Super Cache Plugin
When Posting Please Include Your URL.
Search Forum Using Google Search Box Above
Forum Video

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Header background not saving

I'm getting the following error message when attempting to save a header background. The foreground text functions but the image background does not. I used ftp to install the theme because I received a "can't create ./public_html" error messsage when I tried to install using the dashboard. I'm using Socrates 2.02.b8 by Flying Monkey Media, Inc. Please advise.

Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif
    Warning: file_put_contents(../wp-content/themes/socrates/header-images/uploads/socGraphs_2.jpg) [function.file-put-contents]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/webbased/public_html/wp-content/themes/socrates/functions.php on line 1203
    Your changes have been made.

When you install using FTP you need to manually change the directory permissions on several directories. Read through this thread from the beginning. Dan has posted what needs to be changed.
    Lynn T. Harrison
    Ever Evolving Enterprises
    LynnTHarrison.com (my blog on using WordPress) Testimonials appreciated

kenv,

CHMOD the header-images/uploads folder in the socrates theme to 777 with your FTP client (try right clicking on the folder). I suspect this will fix your issue.
    Jon Carroll
    Socrates Development Team
    "Wisdom begins in wonder." - Socrates

Default Headers and Workaround not working in 2.02 b8

I changed the permissions to 777 on wp-content amd ../uploads - then selected an image, clicked save and got similar php error msgs as previously.

Then I downloaded an image background then tried to upload the image as a custom header and got the following error:

Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif
    Warning: move_uploaded_file(../wp-content/themes/socrates/header-images/uploads/blue-black.jpg) [function.move-uploaded-file]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/myusername/public_html/wp-content/themes/socrates/functions.php on line 1182

Warning: move_uploaded_file() [function.move-uploaded-file]: Unable to move '/tmp/phpVWPQvS' to '../wp-content/themes/socrates/header-images/uploads/blue-black.jpg' in /home/myusername/public_html/wp-content/themes/socrates/functions.php on line 1182
    Your changes have been made.

kenv, Could you private message me admin access to your wordpress install, I will take a look and see if I can figure out what is going on.
    Jon Carroll
    Socrates Development Team
    "Wisdom begins in wonder." - Socrates

I cannot get the custom header to upload and/or change in mine either. Also the title isn't using the color I assign it and the sub title in FF has a shadow and not in IE8. When do you think the header patch will be ready?

One other thing while I'm here: I thought we would be able to change the colors of the nav bar and surrounds??

Overhaul, what version are you using?

Does your file name have any spaces or punctuation?

And can you upgrade to latest beta that will fix title issue.

We give you the psd file for the navbar if you want to change it but it's a fixed image, not a hexcode.

Default version and another bug

I have version 2.01.b6 installed. Is this the newest version?
    No spaces or special chacters in file .jpg name.
    Would love the psd file to change nav color.

I also have a side bar on each side of the content, looks somehwat different however I don't find anything in the widget seciton I can change, everything is listed under primary sidebar.
    Thanks for your help.

Upgrade to 2.02B8 or wait til wednesday for final release. PSD file is in images folder.

The optional sidebar is for split designs.

Default Header STILL not working

Ok I waited for the new release. My header is the correct size. I have uploaded as a .jpg and .psd, neither work. Does the NAME of the file matter??

I also noticed the wrapper doesn't contain the whole blog - it falls short and many posts are outside the wrapper. Fix???