Please Read First
Troubleshooting Tips
Frequently Asked Questions
Before Posting Please Disable Wp Super Cache Plugin
When Posting Please Include Your URL.
Search Forum Using Google Search Box Above
Forum Video

Default Quick Ranking on Google

FWIW, I went live with a somewhat thinnish Socrates site five days ago. It has some content, an exact KW match TLD, Amazon product listings, AdSense and four inbound links showing on Yahoo Site Explorer. Today it ranks #7 on Google for it's preferred keyword phrase out of 1.3 million results. So, something's working with this theme. In other words, Socrates is no obstacle to getting early rankings, and, for all I know, may have helped. And, yeah, I know it may not last.

Quote Originally Posted by potentmix View Post
    FWIW, I went live with a somewhat thinnish Socrates site five days ago. It has some content, an exact KW match TLD, Amazon product listings, AdSense and four inbound links showing on Yahoo Site Explorer. Today it ranks #7 on Google for it's preferred keyword phrase out of 1.3 million results. So, something's working with this theme. In other words, Socrates is no obstacle to getting early rankings, and, for all I know, may have helped. And, yeah, I know it may not last.
    Wow...and congratulations!
    http://whisperinggardener.com This is a WIP. [work in progress]
    http://www.teddybearsonthego.com

Know Thyself...Socrates
    We are limited only by our imagination.

I've noticed that a few of my sites that I have recently changed to the Socrates theme have received an increase in rankings and traffic.

I haven't worked out yet whether it is the theme, or the fact that changes have been made to the site to freshen up the site which Google likes.

Either way it proves that the theme is no hindrance to good search results
    Phil Horsepool
    Creative Web Design
    Web Design and SEO Services
    for Marketers and Small Businesses

Video Brander Software - Free Trial Copy

Create Explosive Backlinks - Free Download

I haven't worked out yet whether it is the theme...
    Hard to know. But, I've tried themes that just never seem to cut it all that well SEO-wise. I have a couple of good content sites, with good backlinks, using a theme that is visually stunning, but they never seem to attract much love from big G. Not so with other themes.

It's all experimental, but, so far, so good with Socrates from an SEO standpoint which is what I care about, since I'm completely organic and have learned a lot about patience that way.