Troubleshooting Tips
Frequently Asked Questions
Before Posting Please Disable Wp Super Cache Plugin
When Posting Please Include Your URL.
Search Forum Using Google Search Box Above
Forum Video

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Default How To Remove Page Titles

I used to modify the page.php in other templates but can't find it in Socrates. For example if you create a home page, home shows as the title. Thanks

Default Titles and Navigation

Quote Originally Posted by simple48 View Post
    I used to modify the page.php in other templates but can't find it in Socrates. For example if you create a home page, home shows as the title. Thanks

A related issue (I think): I'd like to label my web pages but choose a different term for the nav bar. (On my home page, I omitted the title and placed a "replacement title" at the start of the body of my home page.)

www.tlfiggs.com/wordpress

Any way to label our nav tabs separately?

LaCharla

Quote Originally Posted by LaCharla View Post
    A related issue (I think): I'd like to label my web pages but choose a different term for the nav bar. (On my home page, I omitted the title and placed a "replacement title" at the start of the body of my home page.)

www.tlfiggs.com/wordpress

Any way to label our nav tabs separately?

LaCharla
    I know you can label the nav tabs in the Navigation section in the admin panel. As long as you know the path to the page. I believe if you create a page you are going to need a title. I haven't got my question answered

Spencer

I know you can label the nav tabs in the Navigation section in the admin panel. As long as you know the path to the page. I believe if you create a page you are going to need a title. I haven't got my question answered

Spencer
    Thank you for your help. I just realized I asked the wrong question. I got the nav bar straight awhile ago.

But sometimes I want use the "Pages" list to DESCRIBE a page rather than show the actual title, but the title shows up there automatically.

And sometimes I want a formatted title; so I omit the official title and create a formatted one at the top of the text area. This way, there's no title on the "Pages" list, though. That's how I learned that I could name a nav tab without a page title.)

Thank you again for your help!
    LaCharla

Spencer
    Have you tried sending a private message to one of the admins? They're usually pretty quick to reply.

Spencer,

I'm not clear on what your questions is. When you specify a title when you create your page, that is the title that is used.

Spencer
    Lynn T. Harrison
    Ever Evolving Enterprises
    LynnTHarrison.com (my blog on using WordPress) Testimonials appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by lynnth View Post
    Spencer,

I'm not clear on what your questions is. When you specify a title when you create your page, that is the title that is used.
    Simple 48's original question opened this thread--and I complicated it. (Sorry.) Here's his/her original question:

How To Remove Page Titles

My confusion is that the title displays as whatever you define it to be. There should be no code modifications needed.
    Lynn T. Harrison
    Ever Evolving Enterprises
    LynnTHarrison.com (my blog on using WordPress) Testimonials appreciated

I think I understand what you're saying...when you title the page, that title shows up again as the first line on that page. For example, when you create a "Home" page, "Home" shows up as the first line on that page. Is that what you're trying to get rid of? I'm having that same issue...I haven't gone into the css file, but I'm thinking if you don't want it to show up again, you can just delete it within the css file....Anybody want to confirm that's correct?

A somewhat related question I have is that when you title a page like "Home", "Home" also shows up in what I call the blue title tag area of the browser. How can I change it so it doesn't say "Home" but the keyword phrase I want it to?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by SuccessCoach7 View Post
    I think I understand what you're saying...when you title the page, that title shows up again as the first line on that page. For example, when you create a "Home" page, "Home" shows up as the first line on that page. Is that what you're trying to get rid of? I'm having that same issue...I haven't gone into the css file, but I'm thinking if you don't want it to show up again, you can just delete it within the css file....Anybody want to confirm that's correct?

A somewhat related question I have is that when you title a page like "Home", "Home" also shows up in what I call the blue title tag area of the browser. How can I change it so it doesn't say "Home" but the keyword phrase I want it to?

Thanks!
    I'd sure like an answer to this one too, please. I don't want the page title to show up as the first line. If I need to edit the CSS, what exactly should I look for to eidt! Many thanks!